Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College will continue to be a leading medical college in Bangladesh through educational excellence, patient’s centricity and ethical practices to meet the health care needs of the community. The college will enhance our national reputation and expand our global reach as a quality-driven academic health institute through its highly effective and innovative educational programs, outstanding clinical care, services to the community and significance of research.
The primary concern of the college is to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes that promote professionalism, team work, life-long learning, empathy, scholarship, cultural sensitivity and leadership with the goal of providing excellence in education, healthcare and research within the commonwealth of Bangladesh and beyond.
The objectives of Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College are:
- To educate outstanding and highly skilled doctor’s who will be able to address health problems in their community, conversant with medical ethics and develop positive attitude toward the profession.
- To provide educational opportunities with an international perspective through graduate, post doctoral and other trainee.
- To promote excellence in the education of health care professionals through research in medical science.
- To contribute in spreading and updating medical knowledge and skills among doctors through continuous medical education.
- To be the main source of medical expertise and service delivery for the community in a manner that is consistence with the patient’s needs, values and recognized belief systems.
- Excellence: consistently achieving outstanding levels of performance while upholding the highest standards of ethical behavior, intellectual honesty, and professional conduct.
- Accountability: accepting individual and collective responsibility for preserving and effectively managing the resources of the College with integrity and honesty.
- Teamwork: encouraging, supporting and valuing the collaborative efforts of faculty, staff, and students to advance the quality of education, research, and patient care.
- Innovation: promoting creativity, discovery, entrepreneurial spirit and the development of ideas that stimulate improvements in our intellectual and operational endeavors.
- Diversity: fostering ethnic, intellectual, social, and cultural diversity.
- Service: maintaining a nurturing and service-oriented environment that exceeds expectations and treats all people with compassion, dignity, and respect.
- Community-focused: demonstrating our concern for the health care needs of underserved communities and advocating for local and national health and public policies directed at improving the status of health of all individuals.